There are serval ways to lose a lot of weight fast.
However, most of them will make you unsatisfied and hungry.
If you don’t have iron willpower, then hunger will cause you to give up on these plans quickly.
The plan outlined here will:
- Make you lose weight quickly, without hunger.
- Improve your metabolic health at the same time.
- Reduce your appetite significantly.
Here is a simple 3-step plan to lose weight fast.
Eat Protein, Fat and Vegetables
One of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables.
Structuring your meals in this way will automatically bring your carb intake into the recommend range of 21–52 grams per day.
- Meat: Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, etc.
- Eggs: Whole eggs with the yolk are best.
- Fish and Seafood: Salmon, trout, shrimp, etc.
The significance of eating plenty of protein cannot be overstated. When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Period.
High-protein diets can also reduce cravings and obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, reduce the desire for late-night snacking by half, and make you so full that you automatically eat 441 fewer calories per day — just by adding protein to your diet This has been shown to boost metabolism by 80 to 100 calories per day.
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
Eat 1–3 meals per day. If you find yourself hungry in the afternoon, add a 4th meal.
Don’t be afraid of eating fat, as trying to do both low-carb AND low-fat at the same time is a recipe for failure. It will make you feel miserable and abandon the plan.
To see how you can assemble your meals, check out this using a healthy Nigerian diet food timetable.
- Brussels sprouts
- Swiss chard
Don’t be afraid to load your plate with these low-carb vegetables. You can eat massive amounts of them without going over 21–52 net carbs per day.
A diet based mostly on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy.
Cut Back on Sugars and Starches
The important part is to cut back on sugars and starches (carbohydrates).
When you do that, your hunger levels reduce and you end up eating much fewer calories.
So Instead of burning carbs for energy, your body starts feeding off of stored fat.
Another benefit of cutting carbs is that it lowers insulin levels, causing your kidneys to shed excess sodium and water out of your body. This reduces bloat and unnecessary water weight. Cut the carbs and you will start to eat fewer calories automatically and without hunger.
It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of eating this way, both body fat and water weight.
Lift Weights 3 Times Per Week
Apparently, you don’t need to exercise to lose weight on this plan, but it is recommended.
The best option is to go to the gym 2 times a week. Do a warm-up and lift some weights. Studies on low-carb diets show that you can even gain a bit of muscle while losing significant amounts of body fat.
If you’re new to the gym, ask a trainer for some advice.
Lifting weights, burns lots of calories and prevent your metabolism from slowing down, which is a common side effect of losing weight.
If weight lifting is not an option for you, then doing some cardio workouts like walking, jogging, running, cycling or swimming will suffice.
You can take a day off per week where you eat more carbs.
It is important to stick to healthy carb sources like oats, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit, etc.
Do a “Carb Refeed” Once Per Week
But only this one higher carb day — if you start doing it more often than once per week you’re not going to see much success on this plan.
If you have to cheat a meal and eat something unhealthy, then do it on this day.
Be aware that cheat meals or carb refeeds are NOT necessary, but they can boost some fat burning hormones like leptin and thyroid hormones.
You will gain some weight during your refeed day, but most of it will beater weight and you will lose it again in the next 1–2 days.
10 Weight Loss Tips to Make Things Easier (and Faster)
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. Eating a high protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. These are the most fattening things you can put into your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight
- Drink water a half hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water a half hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods (see list). Certain foods are very useful for losing fat.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies show that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially intense belly area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
- Drink coffee or tea. If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, then drink as much as you want as the caffeine can in them boost your metabolism by 3–11%..
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
- Weigh yourself every day. Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are much more likely to lose weight and keep it off for a long time.
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.